21st Century Skills And Standards
In this assignment, you need to think about 21st century support systems, the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), and International Society for Technology in Education Student (ISTE-S) standards and their relationship with quality instructional planning, delivery, and learner achievement. Using the Framework for 21st Century learning as a resource, you will redesign or modify a prior activity, such as a lesson plan or curriculum project, that you created in a prior course. If you do not have previous work to use for this assignment, please contact your instructor for guidelines on how to proceed. As needed, refer to your program learning outcomes (PLOs) list (MAED, or MASE).
NOTE* Before you select the PLO’s you will highlight in this assignment, be sure to read the final assignment for this course to ensure that you will cover each of your programs PLOs adequately.
Create your assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations below.
The Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – ISTE-S Standard (1 Point):Redesign a lesson plan or curriculum project that reflects a minimum of one ISTE-S standard labeled with number, title, and objective(s). For example:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products and processes.
- Redesign – Grade Level / CCSS Alignment (1 Point): Redesign a lesson plan or curriculum project that clearly labels a grade level and content specific CCSS (Math or English Language Arts) which is aligned with a minimum of one Core Subject and 21st Century Themes and a minimum of one Learning and Innovation Skill, one Information, Media, & Technology Skill, and evidence of at least one Life and Career Skill.
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point): In one paragraph, provide an introductory summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing and a one-paragraph conclusion that summarizes the key points of your summary.
- Summary – Modification (2 Point): In one paragraph, summarize the changes you made to address ISTE- S, CCSS, and 21st Century Skills and how your activity addresses each. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of at least two PLO’s from your master’s program.
- Summary – Evaluation (2 Point): In one paragraph, evaluate the appropriate 21st century support system components that align with your redesigned activity and, using examples, evaluate how each influences learner-centered instruction and the creation of a technology-enriched learning environment promoting learner achievement and innovations. 21st century support systems include: 21st century standards, assessment for 21st century skills, 21st century curriculum and instruction, and 21st century learning environments.
- Summary – Reflection (2 Point): In one paragraph, summarize your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (.25 points): Two to four pages, not including title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (.25 points): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.25 points):Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (.25 points):Reference three scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook.
All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.