Conduct a search for recent (within the last 5 years) research focused on the application of clinical systems. The research should provide evidence to support the use of one type of clinical system to improve outcomes and/or efficiencies, such as “the use of EMR ( Electronic medical records) to support patients newly diagnosed with hypertension.”
- Develop an annotated bibliography that follows the organization of the Sample Annotated Bibliography resource provided in this Competency.
- Complete the annotated bibliography for each of the five peer-reviewed articles you selected for the one type of clinical system you selected. Be sure to include the following:
- An introduction of each peer-reviewed article selected.
- APA citation of each peer-reviewed article selected.
- Summarize the study in each peer-reviewed article selected.
- Analyze each peer-reviewed article selected. What are the benefits and limitations of each peer-reviewed article?
- Explain the improvement to outcomes, efficiencies, and lessons learned from the application of the clinical system that each peer-reviewed article described. Be specific and provide examples.