Assignment And Discussion
In a corporate, networked setting, should end users be allowed to install applications on their company workstations, whether the applications are on a DVD or downloaded from the Internet? Be sure to weigh security against usability.
In no less than 250 words, describe a solution to securely connect a remote worker from their home and connected to the Internet to their company network. How does this solution work and what is needed on the company network and the remote worker’s network to accomplish your solution? Respond to two other learners by the end of the week.
- 9.1 Give examples of applications of IPsec.
- 9.2 What services are provided by IPsec?
- 9.3 What parameters identify an SA and what parameters characterize the nature of a particular SA?
- 9.4 What is the difference between transport mode and tunnel mode?
- 9.5 What is a replay attack?
- 9.6 Why does ESP include a padding field?
- 9.7 What are the basic approaches to bundling SAs?
- 9.8 What are the roles of the Oakley key determination protocol and ISAKMP in IPsec?