Autonomy in Aviation
On January 15, 2009, US Airways Flight 1549 took off from New York City’s LaGuardia airport bound for Charlotte, North Carolina. What should have been a routine flight, flown by highly experienced crewmembers took a shocking turn when it struck multiple Canadian geese and lost thrust in both engines. While everyone is familiar with the pilot’s decision to land on the Hudson River, most have not analyzed it from the perspective of automation and how it can inform a discussion about the future role of human beings versus automation or artificial intelligence in future aviation operations.
For this assignment, make sure to review the module resources related to this assignment and answer the following questions in the discussion:
1. What level of automation was present in the Airbus A320-214 that the crew was flying that day?
2. Could a fully autonomous piloting system have landed safely at an airport?
· Why or why not?
3. What assets if any, does a human being in the loop bring to the situation that an autonomous system does not?
4. What does this make you think about the future of UAS integrating into the National Airspace System and the appropriate levels of automation that should be incorporated into their design?
· Provide a short paper submission of at least 400 words total.
· Use reference citations in APA format.
· Add a Reference section to the end of the paper.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.