CHEM 104 Radium Chemistry Worksheet
Chem 104Fall 2022
Intro Chem Final Project
1) How many protons, neutrons and electrons are in the uncharged
2) What is the atomic number
of your metal?
3) Give the ion symbol for your metal. How many protons and electrons
in the charged ion?
4) Give the molecular formula
for the ionic compound your
metal forms with (a) oxygen
(O2) and with (b) chlorine
5) Give the balanced equations for the formation of the oxide and the
chloride of your metal.
6) List 3 physical properties of
your metal; include melting
7) In the balanced equations in (5) is your metal oxidized or reduced?
8) Write a paragraph with some interesting facts about your metal.
9) How many valence electrons are in your molecule?
10) What is the shape around
one of the carbon atoms in
the molecule. (VSEPR)
11) Draw the Lewis dot structure of your molecule.
12) What is the molar mass of
13) Give the balanced equation for the combustion of your molecule.
14) Melting point/boiling point?
15) How much H2O would be produced from the combustion of one
pound of your molecule (answer in kg)?
16) Write a paragraph with some interesting facts about your molecule.