college composition by reading a series of essays
In this module the student will present writing which focuses attention on himself or herself (personal writing). We will start into college composition by reading a series of essays that explore the rhetorical modes of narration and decscription. If you think about your own lives, you’ll note the importance of the stories that surround you. Think of your family’s story, your friends’ stories, and your very own story. Think of the detail that constitute these stories, of how they engage your sense of taste, touch, sound, smell, and sight. This module will focus on how you can better craft your own story and share it with others.
Competencies Addressed in this Module:
Competency #1: The student will demonstrate an understanding of the writing process by:
- Choosing and limiting a subject that can be sufficiently developed within a given time, for a specific purpose, for a specific purpose and audience.
- Developing and refining pre-writing and planning skills.ormulating the main point to reflect the subject and purpose of the writing.
- Formulating the main point to reflect the subject and purpose of the writing.
- Supporting the main point with specific details and arranging them logically.
- Writing an effective conclusion.
Competency #3: The student will demonstrate the ability to proofread, edit, and revise by:
- Recognizing and correcting errors in clarity
- Recognizing and correcting errors in unity and coherence.
- Using conventional sentence structure and correcting sentence errors such as fragments, run-ons, comma splices, misplaced modifiers and faulty parallelism.
- Recognizing and correcting errors in utilizing the conventions of Standard American English including:
- Using standard verb forms and consistent tense.
- Maintaining agreement between subject and verb, pronoun and antecedent.
- Using proper case forms–consistent point of view.
- Using standard spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.
- Selecting vocabulary appropriate to audience, purpose, and occasion.
Aditional inf: I am a woma. I am 25 years old. I have a husband and a one year old son