Share the health policy you found during your Internet search that is directly related to your practice area. How does this policy impact your practice?
Note: I am a registered nurse supervisor at a Nursing Home.
Post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
· Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
· Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2016). Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care (7th ed.). Elsevier Health Sciences.
· Chapters 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9
· American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.).
· Use as a guide for writing in current APA format.
· Political process theory and collective action for social change by John Burdick (1:07:05) PARCC. (2016, May 20). Political process theory and collective action for social change by John Burdick [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/MpxkCfpHuOM Political Process Theory and Collective Action for Social Change by John Burdick (Links to an external site.)
· Lavin, R. (2014, August 12). Health policy for nurses [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/602TRJ426J0 Health Policy for Nurses (Links to an external site.)
Online Materials & Resources
1. Robert, S. A. & Booske, B. C. (2011). US opinions on health determinants and social policy as health policy. American Journal of Public Health, 101(9), 1655-1663
2. White, P., Olsan, T. H., Bianchi, C., Glessner, T., & Mapstone, P. (2011). Legislative: Searching for health policy information on the Internet: An essential advocacy skill. The Online Journal of Nursing Issues, 15(2). http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/Columns/Legislative/Health-Policy-Information-on-the-Internet.html (Links to an e
3. Falk, N. (2014). A health policy resource guide for nurses. Journal of Continuing Education for Nursing, 45(5), 203-204
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.
|Identification of Main Issues, Problems, and Concepts||5 points DistinguishedIdentify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues, problems, and concepts.||4 points ExcellentIdentifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.||2 points FairIdentifies and demonstrate an acceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.||1 points PoorIdentifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.||5 points|
|Use of Citations, Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines||3 points DistinguishedEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing. High level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.||2 points ExcellentEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. Moderate level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.||1 point FairIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.||0 point PoorIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention.||3 points|
|Response to Posts of Peers||2 points DistinguishedStudent constructively responded to two other posts and either extended, expanded or provided a rebuttal to each.||1 points FairStudent constructively responded to one other post and either extended, expanded or provided a rebuttal.||0 point PoorStudent provided no response to a peer’s post.||2 points|
|Total Points: 10|
Search entries or author Filter replies by unreadUnread