Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and Chapter 3 from the textbook, the lecture for Week 1, the Spoon University company background information packet, and watch the Spoon University company background video.
Discuss how ideas from the different gurus covered in the reading can apply to Spoon University. How can the editorial team keep pace with their current production volume, and how can quality be improved by applying quality ideas from these experts?
Evans, J. R., & Lindsay, W. M. (2017). Managing for quality and performance excellence (10th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Quality
- Chapter 2: Foundations of Quality
- Chapter 3: Customer Focus
VanguardScotland1. (2010, January 19). Deming’s14 points for management (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edE0Cli943k
- This video lists and describes Deming’s famous 14 Points for Management and will assist you in your discussions this week.
Accessibility Statement (Links to an external site.)
Platine, D. (n.d.). How to use the COPIS chain to improve the bottom line. Unpublished manuscript.
- This article provides information about the COPIS model where Customers buy Outputs made from Processes using Inputs received from S This reinforces the idea that the customer is the reason the business exists so we should be working to please the customer. This approach will be used throughout this course.