discussion post 1 and 1/2 pages for dr k
In this Discussion, you reflect on the termination process, the potential feelings associated with ending a client relationship, and skills to address challenges related to termination.
1. Explain how you might evaluate client progress and determine when a client is ready to terminate services.
2. Describe a situation when a professional relationship may end before the client achieves their goals.
3. Describe one potential positive and one potential negative feeling that you, as the social worker, might feel regarding a planned termination and an unplanned termination.
4. Describe one potential positive and one potential negative feeling a client might feel regarding both a planned and an unplanned termination of a therapeutic relationship.
5. Provide a suggestion for dealing with the negative feelings that can occur with terminating client relationships.
6. Identify a social work skill and provide a specific example of how your colleague might use this skill to address challenges in termination.
Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hull, G. H., Jr. (2018). Understanding generalist practice (8th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning.
Chapter 8, “Evaluation, Termination, and Follow-Up in Generalist Practice” (pp. 307–348)
Marmarosh, C. L., Thompson, B., Hill, C., Hollman, S., & Megivern, M. (2017). Therapists-in-training experiences of working with transfer clients: One relationship terminates and another begins. Psychotherapy, 54(1), 102–113. http://dx.doi.org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1037/pst0000095