DNP- DATA ANALYSIS
TOPIC: Examining Methodology and Design
The DNP must have a basic knowledge of methodology and design. With this knowledge the DNP can identify how methodology and design can be used to evaluate the validity of research studies. This assignment will allow you to describe your understanding of methodology and design while examining external and internal validity of three studies.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Use at least three additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Using the Grand Canyon University Library, locate three articles, one quantitative, one qualitative, and one mixed-method related to your DPI TOPIC: Impact of Medication Administration Errors on 3-4-Year-old Leukemia Patients
Create a comparison table, using correct APA formatting, to describe the methodology and design used within each article. The table will be provided as an Appendix to the paper.
Write a 1,000 to 1,250 word paper discussing the different methodologies and designs used in each study.
Discuss the external and internal validity issues associated with each methodology and design.
1. Discuss the external and internal validity issues associated with each methodology and design.
2. Describe how using a different methodology or design might have been beneficial for each study and describe why.
3. Summarize the paper.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing
Read Chapter 10 in The Doctor of Nursing Practice Essentials: A New Model for Advanced Practice Nursing.
Read Chapters 5, 8, and 10 in:
Williams, M., & Vogt, W. P. (Eds.). (2011). The SAGE handbook of innovation in social research methods. London, UK: SAGE. doi: 10.4135/9781446268261
Read Chapters 1, 2, 3, & 4 in the Designing Social Research: A Guide for The Bewildered. Greener, I. (2011). Designing social research: A guide for the bewildered. London, UK: SAGE. doi:10.4135/9781446287934