DNP- DATA ANALYSIS
MODULE 5: TOPIC: Quantitative Methods of Inquiry
This topic helps you develop a basic understanding of quantitative methods of inquiry. In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to use the SPSS program. SPSS makes it easy to analyze data using specific tests. This assignment will give you practice with means, medians, and modes.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review the Topic Material videos, A Brief Comparison of Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods and Quantitative vs Qualitative Research, before undertaking this practice.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
After you have completed the assigned readings and viewed the assigned videos, write a 500-750 word paper that addresses quantitative methods of inquiry. Use the data provided in the Topic Material, “H Cup State Inpatient Databases (SID) File Composition – Number of Discharges by Year,” and appropriate statistics to address the following:
1. Describe the different quantitative methods of inquiry.
2. Describe the mean, median, and mode of discharges by state in 2014.
3. Compare the number of discharges in 2010, 2012, and 2015 in all states. Are there significantly more discharges in 2015 versus 2010 in all states?
4. Compare the number of discharges in 2011 in northwestern states (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming), southwestern states (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas), central states (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois), southeastern states (West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida), and northeastern states (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Washington D.C., New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland).
5. Summary of the paper.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting.
Clankie, S., & Mima, T. (2012). A brief comparison of qualitative and quantitative research methods [Video file].
Smcilquham. (2012). Quantitative vs qualitative research [Video file].
Review the data on the HCUP webpage to complete the topic assignment:
Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. (2017). HCUP state inpatient databases (SID) file composition – number of discharges by year.
Read Chapter 12 in:
Flick, U. (2014). The SAGE handbook of qualitative data analysis. London, UK: SAGE. doi: 10.4135/9781446282243
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.