FOUNDATION OF THE ROLE OF THE NURSE PRACTITIONER AS PRESCRIBER LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES IN PRESCRIBING
WEEK 1: DISCUSSION- FOUNDATION OF THE ROLE OF THE NURSE PRACTITIONER AS PRESCRIBER LEGAL AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES IN PRESCRIBING
Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs) play an important role in diagnosing and treating patients in the primary care setting. Nurse Practitioner laws and regulations as they relate to prescriptive authority are specific to each state. Understanding the regulations for Nurse Practitioner prescribing is essential. The purpose of the activity is to discuss the role of the Nurse Practitioner as a prescriber across the United States.
Respond to the following:
1. Describe the importance of knowing the specific laws in your state pertaining to NP prescribing and support your statement with at least 1 scholarly reference within last 5 years*
2. Discuss NP practice in your current home state (Florida), being sure to address:
3. Level of NP prescribing autonomy
4. Specific laws related to NP prescribing
5. Process of obtaining prescriptive authority and requirements for renewal
*…. Include a reference (within last 5 years) for your research
Compare and contrast the same criteria as identified in #2 with one other state (besides your own) of your choice.
* Textbooks, non-US journals, nursing journals not intended for advanced practice providers or websites are not considered scholarly. ^ State specific websites from regulatory boards are acceptable
Last modified: 10:07 AM