Assignment 1 (Grammar): 6%
1. Identify the types of sentence structure errors below (fragment, run-on, commas splice) and then fix them.
1. Although he didn’t want to be rude in the middle of geology class.
1. Jeff mowed the grass this morning tonight he will water the flowers and bushes.
1. I can never beat my little brother at video games, he has them all mastered.
1. Oil imports are very expensive, we must learn to be economical in our use of energy.
1. Identify the sentences (simple, compound, complex, or compound-complex). Identify the clauses (dependent and independent clauses). Also identify the subordinators, coordinators and the relative pronouns below.
1. The boys refused to ask the teacher who had instructed them many questions, so they failed the exam.
1. If it rains a lot, I put the chairs on the patio in the garage.
1. The eagles which live in the local mountain range attract many tourists, but the local politicians still refuse to protect them.
1. As she loves red, Sheila wants to buy the Mustang, or she wants to wait for a few months