Grossmont College Organic Chemistry II Memes
I want you to create two memes about organic chemistry II. (I have attached examples)
You can choose any concept of these to do the memes
21) Identify aromaticity in organic molecules.
22) Depict qualitative molecular orbitals using ‘Frost’ diagrams, and use this to rationalize a molecule’s aromaticity.
23) Identify and rationalize the differences in reactivity between alkenes and aromatic Pi systems.
24) Identify the factors that determine the regioselectivity of electrophilic aromatic substitution/nucleophilic aromatic
25) Application of electrophilic aromatic substitution/Nucleophilic aromatic substitution on synthesis of aromatic compounds.
26) Identify functional groups that raise or lower the HOMO of an aromatic group, and predict the effect these groups will have
on reaction rate.
27) Identify and rationalize the differences in reactivity among common carbonyl containing functional group.
28) Rationalize the reactivities of common Hydride reagents (
based on structure.
29) Depict the acid catalyzed addition of alcohols into carbonyls.
30) Identify the factors that influence the eqilibrium between a carbonyl and acetal.
31) Recognize the difference between alcohol and amine nucleophiles, and the effect on reaction outcome (acetal Vs imine).
32) Recognize the differences in stability of resultant Imine between primary and secondary amines, and how this manifests
itself in enamine chemistry.
33) Indicate the product outcome resulting from addition of nucleophiles into nitriles and factors that influence reaction
34) Apply concepts to rationalization of Wittig mechanism
What am I now?
no i’m aromaticity
The 6 pi electrons
in the overlapping
pi pi system of
the second pi bond left out b/c its
orthogonal to the overlapping pi system