HUMAN RESOURCE DISCUSSION QUESTION
Question 1: HR Professional Ethics
Part A: Read the SHRM Code of Ethics. Review the guidelines under the category of Professional Development. Propose and discuss a learning opportunity that you will pursue to achieve one or more goals related to these guidelines.
Part B: Discuss three examples of ethical challenges that HR professionals may encounter as they apply to modern organizations. Discuss how you would address each situation (not necessarily the solution, but how you would approach the problem). Use the resources provided to support your ideas.
Question 2: Emerging HR Trends
Discuss three current or future trends impacting the HR profession. What opportunities and challenges might these trends present for HR and for the organization? As a human resource professional, what new skills and/or competencies would you need to further develop to adapt to these trends and to continue to be successful in your role? Use the resources provided to support your ideas.
PLEASE USE ONLY THESE RESOURCES
· Heathfield (2018). Did You Bring Your Ethics to Work Today?
· SHRM (2014). Code of Ethics
· Ingram (2018). The Importance of Ethics in Human Resources
· Scott (nd). Ethical Issues Facing HR
· Heathfield (2018). Top 10 Human Resources Trends of the Decade
· Rice University (nd). Trends in Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Retrieved from https://opentextbc.ca/businessopenstax/chapter/trends-in-ethics-and-corporate-social-responsibility/
· Lumen Learning (nd). Current Trends and Challenges in HR Management Retrieved from https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-principlesmanagement/chapter/current-trends-and-challenges-in-hr-management/
· Mayhew (nd) Contemporary Issues Faced by Human Resource Managers Today. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.chron.com/contemporary-issues-faced-human-resource-managers-today-1875.html (Short article regarding some of the current issues affecting HR managers)
· Lumen Learning (nd). Global Trends Retrieved from https://courses.lumenlearning.com/principlesmanagement/chapter/3-4-global-trends/
· Taylor (2019) Millennial Job Search
· Haak (2019) 12 HR Trends for 2020
· Clarey & Golden (2020) 10 Trends that will Shape HR in 2020