Human Rights in the Middle East
- Monishipouri, Human Rights in the Middle East, Introduction and Part I: Introduction and chapter 1
- Castellino and Cavanaugh, Minority Rights in the Middle East, Introduction and chapter 1, sections 1 and 2
Identify TWO themes from any of the readings assigned for Module 2. Then, explain why you consider these to be particularly interesting or important themes in terms of how they help us better understand human rights in the Middle East region.
- These should be 400 – 600 words in length.
- The purpose of these postings is to enable you to think critically about what you’re learning as well as foster an intellectual community of discussion. You are required to integrate readings and themes from the course into your reflections in a coherent fashion. In other words, demonstrate that you have undertaken the readings relevant to the weekly assignment in a timely fashion and that you have critically reflected on these readings.
- The idea is that you are reflecting on readings and themes for the week. When referring to readings, make sure that they include the readings for the week you are reflecting on! Reflections will be evaluated for thoughtfulness, engagement with the material, integrity, organization, and accuracy of information.
- When appropriate, refer to sources in a formal manner. Cite sources when appropriate.