Inter View With Pharmacist
The purpose of this assignment is to interview a pharmacist to learn more about interprofessional collaboration between prescribers and pharmacists. If possible, volunteer to shadow the pharmacist. Discuss the following in your interview:
- The process of filling a prescription.
- Common reasons pharmacists call providers to clarify orders.
- What is on a proper prescription.
- Common omissions on prescriptions they receive.
- Medication errors pharmacists encounter.
- The prior authorization (par) process and common par medications.
Write a 500-1,000 word paper summarizing your experience and what you learned from the pharmacist you interviewed. Reflect on how this information will help your prescription writing. Discuss intercollaboration between pharmacists and prescribers.
You are required to cite three to five sources related to intercollaboration to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this paper according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.