The assignment is consisted of 4 short essay questions. Each question weights 25%.
The diagram below shows the processes involved in the acquisition of goods for Star Company. Currently, all departments work as separate units, using their own IT systems.
Based on the information provided:
1. Describe the IT software that might be used by the Purchasing Department at the moment to analyze which goods and what quantity of them are required by the shop. Explain the software and the method itself.
2. Considering that the vendor is an external company, explain how the vendor can easily generate and share the necessary documents with Star Company’s Accounting Department.
3. At the moment, the Operations Manager at Star Company has highlighted severe losses due to coordination problems between the Accounting Department and the Purchasing Department regarding the purchase orders and payment tracking. Propose an IT solution which would improve Star Company’s control of purchases and payments.
4. Considering the business units involved (internal & external), enumerate and describe the main challenges Star Company might face when implementing an ERP. Evaluate the advantages/disadvantages of this implementation.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Jan 17th, 2021. 23:59 CEST.
Weight: This task is 60% of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
Learning Outcome 1: demonstrate a working level and familiarity with practical spreadsheet software formulae.
Learning Outcome 2: identify and describe how companies are able to accurately measure corresponding IT infrastructures to suit their own needs and purposes.
Learning Outcome 3: understand the impact Word Processing software platforms have on a business’s overall profitability and success. Learning Outcome 4: illustrate an awareness of how spreadsheet software optimizes business operations.