leaders who are able to communicate effectively.
There is a high demand for leaders who are able to communicate effectively. An early Harvard Business School study on what it takes to achieve success and be promoted in an organization emphasized the importance of communicating, making sound decisions, and getting things done with and through people. Unfortunately, many leaders have overlooked this important concept and are unable to connect to others while communicating. In today’s global society, it is important for leaders to be able to connect with their followers because it creates an atmosphere of unity, equality, and transparency. A leader should realize that he or she has successfully connected with followers when he or she senses:
- extra effort (followers go the extra mile)
- unsolicited appreciation (positive things are said)
- increased communication (followers express themselves more readily)
- enjoyable experiences (followers feel good about what they’re doing)
- emotional bondedness (a connection on an emotional level is displayed)
- positive energy (followers’ “emotional” batteries are charged by being together)
- growing synergy (followers effectiveness is greater than the sum of contributions)
- unconditional love (followers are accepting leadership without reservation)
In order for organizations to continuously improve and innovate, leaders should master the art of connecting to others because of both the short-term and long-term implications it will have on job performance, organizational commitment, and quality of work-life.
Please answer the following question(s):
Please respond to this topic where you (the CEO of a large company) communicate a new controversial policy change (e.g., no more working remotely/telecommuting or allowing employees to bring their pets to work or a different policy change) to your employees. Be sure to “connect” with your employees.
ATLEAST 2 PAGES