Defining the Learning Environment
Note: Do not use the real name of the organization you will describe in this assignment.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Provide an overview of the organization for which you are to develop the training. The overview should include, at a minimum, the organization’s mission, vision, management structure, corporate culture, geographic location(s), community involvement, and experience in providing training and development activities.
- Specify the task(s) for which the training is being developed. Analyze the most significant elements or steps for performing each task, and examine the importance the task(s) to the organization’s overall mission.
- Describe at least five characteristics of the intended audience for the training. For example, describe the number of potential learners, type of learners, reading levels, gender, ages, culture, language(s) they use, and attitude toward learning. Evaluate the intended audience’s level of familiarity with technology overall.
- Assess the degree to which the members of your intended audience are self-directed in their learning overall. Suggest the manner in which their self-directedness—or lack thereof—may affect the likelihood that they would successfully compete the training.
- Select the theoretical basis for the planned training (i.e., andragogy or one of the other theoretical models on adult learning). Provide a rationale for your selection.
- Propose at least two strategies to incorporate key aspect of the selected theoretical model into the design and delivery of the planned training.
- Use at least five reputable websites and scholarly articles for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
For this Assignment – Use a bank organization and the target audience are branch tellers and the training would be new hire training, best practices, customer care, etc. A local bank you can reference is Bank OZK – www.ozk.com – or any banking organization structur