Levels of Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence in UAS
As UAS become more technologically advanced they are continually progressing along the spectrum towards fully autonomous operations. Some visionaries in academia, government, and industry are proposing to go beyond mere automation into the artificial intelligence realm. NASA for example, is researching UAS equipped with autonomous piloting systems which are able to learn, predict, and adapt to both routine and emergency situations.
For this assignment, write a short paper that covers the following steps:
1. Define the different levels of automation available for use in UAS.
2. Define artificial intelligence and how it differs from automation.
3. View the NASA Autonomous Systems website (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and choose one of the autonomous systems projects listed there to evaluate.
4. Thoroughly describe the project and the implications it will have on the future of UAS.
Save your assignment using a naming convention that includes your first and last name and the activity number (or description). Do not add punctuation or special characters.
Your paper will automatically be evaluated through Turnitin when you submit your assignment in this activity. Turnitin is a service that checks your work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of web pages, student papers, and articles from academic books and publications. Ensure that your work is entirely your own and that you have not plagiarized any material!
· Provide a paper of at least 500 words in length.
· Make sure you use reference citations in APA format, with a Reference section to the end of the paper.
· Submit by the seventh day of the module week.