Develop a communication strategy to resolve conflict in the work environment.
One of the key challenges for managers is to find adaptive communication strategies that create an
open, enabling work culture. Management have asked you to develop a communication strategy to
improve staff morale following a meeting highlighting entrenched conflict in the workplace.
Management is supportive of positive resolution and reluctant to lose staff members.
Management perceive that the conflict is the result of:
· diversity issues inherent in the organisation (eg. racial, gender, sexual, religious issues)
· discrimination issues
· power issues.
The critical analysis of the work environment and the resultant communication strategy will
demonstrate your understanding of:
· structural issues (mechanistic or organic structure or a hybrid of both)
· cultural ethos of the organisation
· characteristics of prevailing work culture of the organisation (e.g. accessibility between,
· and adaptivity of, management)
· work relationship issues such as interpersonal and group communication
· ethical and legal best practice.
Select an organisation that you are familiar with or have thoroughly investigated (minimum of ten
staff). When approaching your analysis, take the above elements into consideration.
However, focus only on those elements that are most appropriate to the development of a
communication strategy to improve staff morale.
At least six scholarly sources must be submitted.
Referencing should be in either the APA 6th edition referencing system.
Further guidelines and Criteria Sheet will be available through the unit website.
Essays should be 12pt Times or the equivalent (eg. 11pt Arial) and double-spaced and presented as