Nursing Gc W P (Due 24 Hours)
1) Minimum 6 full pages and Template (Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part)
Part 1: complet the Template (Literature Evaluation Table _see File 1)
Part 2: minimum 1 page
Part 3: minimum 2 pages
Part 4: minimum 1 page
Part 5: minimum 2 pages
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Dont write in the first person
Dont copy and pase the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references per part not older than 5 years
Part 1 Minimun 6 References not older than 5 years
Part 1 Minimun 4 References not older than 5 years
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Nursing Research
Topic: Middle-aged women, type 2 diabetes, and medication
1) you will create a clinical guiding question know as a PICOT question.
The PICOT question must be relevant to a nursing practice problem.
2) To support your PICOT question, identify six supporting peer-revised research articles.
The PICOT question and six peer-reviewed research articles you choose will be utilized for subsequent assignments.
They are not allowed :
Use the “Literature Evaluation Table” to complete this assignment.
1) Select a nursing practice problem of interest to use as the focus of your research (See topic).
2. Start with the patient population and identify a clinical problem or issue that arises from the patient population. In 200 minimum words, provide a summary of the clinical issue.
3) Write a PICOT question in your selected nursing practice problem area of interest, following the PICOT format,
4) Conduct a literature search to locate six research articles focused on your selected nursing practice problem of interest.
This literature search should include three quantitative and three qualitative peer-reviewed research articles to support your nursing practice problem.
They are not allowed :
Part 2: Nursing and Ethics
Last year a jury returned a $20 million negligence verdict against Arkansas Children’s Hospital for surgery performed on the wrong side of the brain of a 15-year-old boy who was left psychotic and severely brain damaged. Testimony showed that the error was not disclosed to his parents for more than a year. The hospital issued a statement saying it deeply regretted the error and had “redoubled our efforts to prevent” a recurrence.
So, what happened? “Health care has far too little accountability for results … . All the pressures are on the side of production; that’s how you get paid,” said Peter Pronovost, a prominent safety expert and medical director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Innovation in Quality Patient Care. He added that increased pressure to quickly turn over operating rooms has trumped patient safety, increasing the chance of error.
Kenneth W. Kizer, who coined the term “never event” nearly a decade ago when he headed the National Quality Forum, a leading patient safety organization, said he believes reducing the number of errors will require tougher reporting rules and increased transparency.
Assignment Discussion Questions
1. Discuss the issues of integrity in this case.
2. Should criminal charges be considered in this case, if accurately reported? Discuss your answer.
3. Why did you choose to respond to this story?
4. How is integrity displayed in your clinical setting?
Part 3: Curriculum Design
Topic: Regulations Paper
Review the California Board of Registered Nursing regulations for nursing education programs (https://www.rn.ca.gov/9.
For a list of boards, search on this website https://www.ncsbn.org/education.htm
After reviewing the information, compose a paper that addresses the following components.
1. Describe how these regulations affect the process of curriculum development or redesign in nursing programs.
2. What is the job of the regulatory commission as it pertains to nursing education?
3. What are the guidelines or standards and how do they affect curriculum development?
4. Are there different regulations for curriculum development for a face-to-face course versus online course?
5. How will these regulations affect you as a nurse educator?
Part 4: Primary Care
Topic: Helping and Healing Relationships
Consider the various steps of the nursing process in order to address the following critical thinking questions.
1. As a healthcare provider, discuss ways in which you will establish a helping hand and healing relationship with your patient and their families.
2. How will you develop professional partnerships with health care team members in your clinical practice?
3. What personal behaviors, biases, and attitudes would you have to change to develop these professional relationships?
Part 4: Health Assessment
Sarah Smith is a 28 y/o African American female who presents to the office with c/o wound to her left foot for the past few days. States she had tripped and fell while barefoot scraping the top of her foot on the pavement. She denies any other injury from the incident. Over the past 24 hours the wound has had “smelly” drainage. Has been experiencing generalized achiness, but denies fever and chills. Did not seek medical attention at the time of injury. Has been using hydrogen peroxide to clean her wound. Is unclear of her last tetanus vaccination. Patient PMHx significant for DM II. States that she takes her medications when she remembers, and does not always check her blood sugar.
Check Soap Note File 5
1. List your differentials for her current problems. Remember you should have at least three different differentials for each problem. Include rationale for each differential.
2. At this time what medical diagnoses are you most concerned about? Do they impact other diagnoses? If so, how?
3. What diagnostic images would you order? Provide your rationale. What are you trying to rule in or out?
4. What laboratory work would you order? What would you anticipate to be abnormal? Provide your rationale for each.
5. What is your comprehensive plan of care? Include your r