July 25th, 2021
- Pitch Deck
You have been hired to create a website. In this assignment, you will begin to gather the necessary information to complete the work and present your ideas to your client.
You will need to answer the following questions:
- What kind of domain names will you register (that is .com, .biz, .net, et cetera)? Why do you suggest this kind of domain? (Review the section in Week 1 on domain names.)
- Will you register the site using multiple domains? Why is or isn’t this necessary?
- Will you need to secure any portion of your site? Why? (See the section on HTTPS.)
- Given the nature of Web trends and changes in technology, what steps, if any, do you suggest to keep your site viable for more than one year?
- What browsers do you anticipate your visitors will be using based on information available today?
- Does the browser have any impact on your design?
- Based on what you’ve just learned this week about CSS, how will this help in the development of your site?
You may use any one of a variety of formats to create a pitch deck. PowerPoint is highly recommended, with extra points for creating a presentation using a video device or software that you can upload to YouTube or another easily accessible online hosting service. (If you choose this option, you must coordinate ahead of time with your instructor, to ensure that your instructor will be able to access your video.) Note: You’ve already been hired, but remember that you still need to show off how awesome you are.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Present information and requirements for a website design to a customer.