PSY 300 USC Beaufort Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences Worksheet
Psy 300 – Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
A distribution of scores is normal with M = 45 and s = 8. Find the z-scores that correspond to the following raw scores:
1. X = 32
2. X = 47
For the same distribution, find the raw scores that correspond to the following z-scores:
3. z = 2.6
4. z = -1.4
5. Stan and Lia both took a History test in different classes. Stan’s score was 82 with a class distribution of M=80 and s=6.
Lia scored a 78 with a class distribution of M=76 and s=4. Using z-scores, explain why Lia did “better” on the test even
though her raw score was lower.
Find the following:
6. p(z < 1.9) = 7. p(z < -2.1) = 8. p(z > 1.3) =
9. p(z > -.9) =
Given a normal distribution with M = 200 and s = 20, find the following:
10. The z-score equivalent for a raw score of 240 =
11. p(X > 240) =
12. The z-score equivalent for a raw score of 165 =
13. p(X > 165) =
14. The z-score that separates the top 10% of scores =
15. The raw score that separates the top 10% of scores =
16. The z-score that separates the top 75% of scores =
17. The raw score separates the top 75% of scores =
18. The z-score separates the bottom 40% of scores =
19. The raw score that separates the bottom 40% of scores =
20. The z-score equivalent for a raw score of 172 =
21. The percentile for a raw score of 172 =
22. The z-score equivalent for the 85th percentile =
23. The raw score equivalent for the 85th percentile =
Here are special symbols that may be needed for the following problems (copy and paste them as needed): ±
You may also need to remove subscripts and italics when you type your answers. In Word, use the Font menu on the
Home tab to do this.
A researcher hypothesizes that this season’s football players (n=25) have higher aggression levels than last season’s
players. On an aggression survey, the average score for this season is 35.7 with s= 5.1. Last season, the mean aggression
score on the survey was 30. Find the following, using =.05:
26. df =
27. tcrit =
28. sM =
29. M- =
30. tobt =
31. Decision regarding HO:
32. Interpretation in APA format:
33. r2 =
Students from a college emphasizing “green” living were hypothesized to differ in conservation activity participation
compared to students from other colleges. A sample of 6 students from the “green” college participated in conservation
activities an average of 15 times over the past year (s=5.7). The overall average among college students is 12. Find the
following, using =.05:
36. df =
37. tcrit =
38. sM =
39. M- =
40. tobt =
41. Decision regarding HO:
42. Interpretation in APA format:
43. d =
Extra credit (1 point): In a normal distribution, what percentile corresponds to the median?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.