PSY-5110 Week 8 – Assignment: Signature Assignment
For your Signature Assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation suitable to use for a lecture in an introductory statistics class. You should include the following in your presentation:
- A description of why a knowledge of statistics is important in careers in psychology as well as in everyday life.
- A description of the difference between descriptive and inferential statistics.
- A description of the inferential tests discussed during this class. You should discuss the types of data that are appropriate for each test (i.e., nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio). You should create a specific research example that would yield data appropriate for each of the tests that you mention. You should describe each of the variables involved in your research question and how that variable will be measured.
- A discussion of any ethical concerns that need to be considered for each of the research examples.
- At least one graph demonstrating how the results of the statistical test should be presented.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12 – 15 slides
Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.