Read and watch the lecture resources
After studying Module 2: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
What strategies can staff nurses use to collect and share evidence that could impact health policy decisions?
· Post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
· Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2016).
· Chapters 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13
Online Materials & Resources
1. Hinshaw, A. S (2007). Shaping health policy through nursing research. American Association of College of Nursing. http://www.aacn.nche.edu/membership/members-only/presentations/2007/07fall/Hinshaw.pdf (Links to an external site.)
2. Majumdar, S. R., & Soumerai, S. B. (2009). The unhealthy state of health policy research. Health Affairs, Supplement 28(5), 900-908.
· Grading Rubric
· Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.
|Identification of Main Issues, Problems, and Concepts||5 points DistinguishedIdentify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues, problems, and concepts.||4 points ExcellentIdentifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.||2 points FairIdentifies and demonstrate an acceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.||1 points PoorIdentifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.||5 points|
|Use of Citations, Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines||3 points DistinguishedEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing. High level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.||2 points ExcellentEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. Moderate level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.||1 point FairIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.||0 point PoorIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention.||3 points|