review your assigned textbook chapters
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review your assigned textbook chapters, especially the Technologies and Health Care Developments time line in Section 10.1, and the other required readings for this week: The financial and nonfinancial costs of implementing electronic health records in primary care practices, The business case for implementing electronic health records in primary care settings in the United States, OCR Privacy Brief: Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule (Links to an external site.), Sick Around the World (Links to an external site.), Electronic Health Records: Privacy and Security (Links to an external site.).
Health care systems around the world provide different levels and types of care, but funding foreign systems differs greatly from the United States. Choose a country other than the United States and research its health care system.
For this discussion, you will provide an overview of your selected country’s health care system. In your main response, address the following elements, which includes your answers to the questions below:
- Describe any foreign health care system by answering the following questions:
- How do the citizens of the country access health care?
- How do the citizens of the country pay for health care?
- What is the quality of the health care they receive? Are there unique services provided?
- How is technology used within the system to benefit patients and health outcomes?
- What are at least one pro and one con of your chosen country’s system?
- Identify at least two examples of similarities between your selected country and the U.S. health care system.
- Differentiate between U.S. health care and your chosen country’s health care system by sharing at least two differences.
You must use government resources from your chosen country in addition to your textbook for your research and response. Wikipedia is not an acceptable source for any discussion or assignment. You may also want to review What Is CRAAP? A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources (Links to an external site.).