Sensors, Actuators, Interface Equipment and Networks
1.Discuss in 2 or 3 paragraphs, the characteristics of a J-type thermocouple,
in your own words. Include references to range, sensitivity, construction, and
2. Describe how a Orifice Plate flowmeter operates. Your answer should be 2
or 3 paragraphs and written in your own words.
3. Describe the construction and operation of a solenoid valve (in 2 or 3
paragraphs). Include in your discussion the concept of NO and NC for
4. Describe in a few paragraphs (2 or 3) how a Pneumatic Diaphragm valve
operates. Include a discussion of the differences between ATO and ATC.
5. Describe the physical make-up of a PLC as well as describe how it operates.
6. Describe briefly what TCP/IP is in a computer network. Also include a brief
description of the operation.