The strategic sourcing plan is a plan for how you will do business going forward. The sourcing plan can address how to supply resources to staff, your current and future systems, and how you will purchase raw materials or new IT systems.
Develop a high-level IT sourcing plan to guide Phoenix Fine Electronics to adopting enterprise solutions rather than multiple stand-alone systems. As a guideline, your sourcing plan should be a 3- to 4-page outline or summary.
Include the following in your sourcing plan:
- The current technologies being utilized
- Major issues with that technology
- New technologies to implement as replacements for current technologies
- How it addresses the current issues
- Additional advantages or value added
- Approximate time frame to implement the technology
- Any dependencies that the company does not currently have in order to implement