Strategic Marketing Discussion On Starbucks
Mission and Vision play a major role in the strategic planning process. Basic questions about our business need to be confirmed. The mission statement provides information about the special purpose of the firm, its opportunities, and direction. A vision looks beyond the mission to envision a future; it provides added challenge and creative tension for the firm. Search for information about Starbucks. (http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/2006-howard-schultz-the-star-of-starbucks/) or (https://ccis.ucourses.com/content/enforced/893082-MKTG_478_DEA_5-19SPRG1/tabbed-module-master/cocacolatranscript.html?ou=893082) and then answer the following questions.
- What is the business?
- Using Porter’s generic strategies, which strategy is Starbuck’s pursuing?
- Who is the customer?
- What is the value provided to the customer?
- Does the company espouse any values?
- What societal changes might account for the success of Starbucks?
- What is the company’s mission?
- Develop a vision for the future of Starbucks