The Development Of Juvenile Justice
|Date:||January 20, 2021|
|Student Name:||Melony Hadden|
|Assignment:||Week 6 Assignment|
Why am I getting this notification?
You are receiving this notification because you have plagiarized an assignment in my course.
What is plagiarism?
According to section 5.10 of the Grantham University Catalog, plagiarism is intentionally or carelessly presenting the work of another as one’s own. It includes submitting an assignment purporting to be the student’s original work, which has wholly or impart been created by another person. It also includes the presentation of work, ideas, representations or words of another person without customary and proper acknowledgement of the original sources.
What do I do next?
Please review the information below to see details regarding future work and suggested actions.
|☒||This is your first-time plagiarizing.||☐||This is your second time plagiarizing.||☐||This is your third time plagiarizing.|
Type of Offenses
|☒||You have used someone else’s work (references/sources) but not given any credit.||☐||You have submitted an assignment in the same way as a previous assignment, with no change. Self-Plagiarism.||☐|
|☒||You have used too much information from others (sources) and not enough of your own work.||☐||Other: You have submitted some else’s work.||☐||Other:|
|☒||Review any assignment feedback provided and the Tips for Avoiding Plagiarism below.||☒||Complete the Understanding Plagiarism Workshop offered by the Teaching & Learning Center (in Blackboard).||☐||Work with a Writing Center representative.|
|Potential Consequences☒You have received a score of “1” on your assignment and must complete the Understanding Plagiarism workshop and pass the plagiarism quiz with a 100% score. Student must email the instructor verification/proof of the 100% score before the assignment can be resubmitted.☐You are unable to resubmit this assignment and must complete the Understanding Plagiarism workshop and passed the plagiarism quiz with a 100% score. Student must email the instructor verification/proof of the 100% score.☐You are at risk for failure in the course.☐You have received a score of “1” on your assignment and the assignment cannot be resubmitted.☐Other: A failing grade has been issued due to cheating.☐Other:Additional Information:|
Tips for Avoiding Plagiarism
Start with the weekly lessons and related articles as your first references/sources. After that, conduct additional research on your own, if needed.
Use outlines before beginning your work. If a sample outline is provided in class, please use that when starting your assignment. Otherwise, create an outline of your thoughts and ideas to help you.
Try following the “80/20 Rule”. This means that 80% of your work should be in your own words and the other 20% quotes or information from your references/sources. For example, if you have 6-8 sentences in a paragraph, only 1-2 of those should be from references/sources while the rest is made up of your own words, thoughts, and ideas. Keep in mind that this helps show what you’ve learned.
List all references/sources of information at the end of your work (websites, books, magazines, online articles, etc.). These do not have to be formatted in proper APA for 100 and 200 level courses, but you do need to list them somewhere.
When using information from your references/sources, make sure to give credit somehow. If you are not familiar with APA, an easy way to do this is to say, “According to XYZ…” in your work.
Check out Grantham’s Writing Center. You can submit your papers to their drop box and they can be reviewed prior to submitting your assignments in class.
Visit Grantham’s Library. Not only can you find references there, but you can also receive one on one assistance from our librarian. You can contact the library at email@example.com.