They Say, I Say English Help
Complete all the questions after the essay. Make sure to answer in paragraph /essay format.
1. Identify the primary “they say” and “I say” statements in this essay. Why, according to Zeynep Tufekci, is the number of people participating in a protest no longer a reliable indica-tor of the strength of a movement?
2. What role, both short-term and long-term, does the author believe social media plays in the development of a protest movement? How does her discussion of the Women’s March toward the beginning and at the end of this essay fit into her argument?
3. In pargraph 13, Tufekci states, “more than ever before, the significance of a protest depends on what happens after-ward.” Why, in your view, does Tufekci then describe the Tea Party protests of 2009?
4. Tufekci focuses on the ability of technology to bring large groups of people together around a cause, but also argues that protests are not enough. How might danah boyd (pp. 219–29) respond to this claim?
5. Write a Facebook post inviting like-minded people to a protest march (devoted to a cause of your choice). In the post, describe your plan for the march and also for follow-up activities to take place after the march.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.