Web Exercise of MKTG 420
WEB EXERCISE 8
Support Media & Direct Marketing
Focus: Chapters 13 & 14
In this exercise you will learn more about a form of marketing communications that has recently
become highly popular among advertisers; I’m referring to Guerrilla Marketing. The following two
links will take you to a website that has an overview and some examples of guerrilla marketing.
Please read both pages carefully.
When you are done reading and looking at the examples, answer the following questions in the
submission area within this folder. Make sure you integrate information from the website and the
chapter readings into your answers. Be thorough but concise.
1. What is Guerrilla Marketing and what type of media does it use?
2. Why has Guerrilla Marketing been so successful that even big companies are incorporating it in
their advertising efforts?
3. What kind of criticism has the use of Guerrilla Marketing received?
4. The second article presents many forms of guerrilla marketing, which one seems to be the most
effective and less risky? Which one seems to be the most deceitful and potentially harmful to a
company’s image? Briefly explain why.
5. As a marketer, would you use Guerrilla Marketing for communications objectives or sales
objectives? Briefly explain why.