Select one of the following foreign countries: China, Germany, Japan, Mexico or the United Kingdom, and provide a country profile discussing the topics outlined below. In addition, using EDGAR ( http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), find the non-U.S. GAAP financial statements for a company from that country.
Based on your readings, use of technology, research of literature, and other sources make sure your project includes the following:
- Prepare a 5 page analysis of the country you chose discussing the following:
- Compare the accounting profession in your selected country including professional conduct rules
- Identify how the accounting standard are set in that country
- Identify two financial reporting standards that differ from those of U.S. GAAP
- Identify national characteristics unique to the country that influence accounting
- For the two financial reporting standards identified in your paper, use Excel to create an applicable supporting schedule that provides an example of the adjustments that would need to be made to your foreign company’s financial statements for it to comply with U.S. GAAP.
The report should be should be 5 pages in total (not including cover page, abstract, or references) for the entire project
- Include the Excel spreadsheet(s) as exhibits in your paper.
- Include a minimum of 2 scholarly sources
- All sources used are to be cited in APA format